Economic Phase: 5-3 in favor of continued Expansion. Specifically indicating Phase 2 (late Expansion). No change from last month end.
- Expectation: continued growth of the economy and sectors that are highly correlated to economic expansion
- As others have noted, inflation will likely continue to inch up as well
Retirement ETF Portfolio: BUY signal for XLU (SPDR Utilities). No SELL signals
- Holding XLY SPDR Consumer Discretionary since 7/1/2020
- Holding XLK SPDR Technology since 7/1/2020
- Holding VNQ Real Estate since 12/1/2020
- Holding FDL Dividend Leaders since 12/1/2020
- Holding XLV SPDR Healthcare since 12/1/2020
- Now will BUY XLU SPDR Utilities at open 4/1/2021
At the March 3rd meeting of the Atlanta Technical Analysis Society I forecasted the S&P to end March at 3980, which was a contrarian opinion since the S&P was at 3819 and the majority of analysts predicted an upcoming drop in March. It ended up for the month at 3972, which likely means that I won this past month’s contest with the closest forecast of the S&P close for March. See, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn from time to time.
2 thoughts on “March 31 2021 Analysis Summary”
Congrats! What is the prize?
I get to be the first person to guess the April month end S&P at the next ATAS meeting. That and a quarter will get you a quarter….